Highlights of the Barnett Ross Auction on 27th February 2020
We held our first Auction of the year at The Churchill Hyatt Regency London, 30 Portman Square, London last week, selling 90% of the Lots offered and raising £10,365,500.
Lot 28 – 41 Park Way, Whetstone, London N20 0XN – This Lot came to us as a late instruction on behalf of Executors. The catalogue had already been signed off, so the Lot benefitted from its own slip and unique email alert. In the same family ownership for over 50 years, this vacant unmodernised semi-detached house, eventually sold for £740,000 (over £90,000 above the Reserve).
Lot 10 – 238/239 Oxford Street, Swansea, West Glamorgan SA1 3BL – This large Freehold mid terrace ground floor shop with ancillary accommodation on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors, located in Swansea’s prime retail thoroughfare, let to Brighthouse producing £35,000 p.a. (previously let at £70,000 p.a.) was offered with a Reserve below £300,000 and sold for £426,000, illustrating the potential to achieve results well in excess of the Reserve price, when vendors are willing to set low realistic Reserves.
Lot 12 – 2-10 Wellington Square, Minehead, Somerset TA24 5NH – In the heart of the town centre this unbroken retail parade comprising 6 Shops with 4 Flats above producing £129,815 sold for £1,402,000, making it the most expensive Lot sold in the room on the day.
The next Barnett Ross Auction will take place on Thursday 14th May 2020 at The Montcalm Hotel, 34-40 Great Cumberland Place, Marble Arch, London – entries invited.
- October 2019 Auction Highlights 29th October 2019
- July 2019 Auction Highlights 17th July 2019
- May 2019 Auction Highlights 16th May 2019
- February 2019 Auction Highlights
28th February 2019
- December 2018 Auction Highlights
13th December 2018
- October 2018 Auction Highlights
24th October 2018
- July 2018 Auction Highlights
17th July 2018
- May 2018 Auction Highlights
10th May 2018
- 2017 Property Review
10th January 2018
- October 2017 Auction Highlights
30th October 2017
- July 2017 Auction Highlights
20th July 2017
- May 2017 Auction Highlights
11th May 2017
- May 2017 Auction Press Release
25th April 2017
- February 2017 Auction Highlights
1st March 2017
- October 2016 Auction Highlights
31st October 2016
- July 2016 Auction Highlights
14th July 2016
- May 2016 Auction Highlights
12th May 2016
- Site in Bermondsey, London SE1 sells for £4,400,000
16th December 2015